Once the initial excitement and celebrations died down, it was time to start thinking about the wedding. Some couples prefer to enjoy the post-engagement glow for longer than others, but in our case we have chosen to get stuck in and get it planned, signed, sealed and delivered in 10 months. A huge task in itself but there are so many helpful hints, tips and tricks out there that will hopefully make the 'journey' as smooth as possible.
- Announce your engagement - nowadays this is done with a selfie on social media, how times have changed!
- Start planning your engagement party (if having one)
- Decide on a wedding budget with your fiancé taking into consideration your wedding style. Are you going for a formal/black-tie sit down dinner, smart casual gathering or relaxed wedding?
- Choose a wedding destination (this more often than not goes hand in hand with your wedding style). Are you staying close to home or jetting off into the sunset?
- Pick a date and time for your nuptials
- Once you've chosen a wedding budget, style, location, date and time (are you keeping up?) you should consider booking a reception venue
- Thinking about using a wedding planner? Book this in NOW!
To get you started, here is some inspiration for your engagement announcement selfie...
Enjoy the ride and happy planning!